Orthopaedic Intermediate Skills Training Programme - Session 2 (2017/18)
Date: January 10, 2018
Delivered by: Newcastle Surgical Training Centre (NSTC)
Contact: Mrs Sue Dent
Trainee Comments from Orthopaedic Intermediate Pilot
- Excellent course allowing me to perform surgical exposures only
previously know to me in theory from books. A great way to
actually learn the anatomy properly - hopefully making me more
competent in day-to-day practice.
- Very useful for my development as a Surgeon to have practical
experience of surgical approaches without risk to patients.
- I have never before in a course had the combination of learning
about surgical exposures and performing dissection.
- Very useful practical sessions - hands on experience of less
- Very useful for my development as a Surgeon to have time to
learn/develop surgical approaches in a safe environment.
- Excellent 1 - 2 ratio teaching
- Course has improved my knowledge of approaches / anatomy
- Enjoyed very much and extremely worthwhile.
- Excellent course - good for revisiting / refreshing anatomy
knowledge. Good practical sessions, have gained confidence in
shoulder approaches especially.
- Very useful to have discussion with Consultants regarding their
approaches to trauma.
- Good organisation. Excellent facilities. Good
- Excellent facility, highly recommended course.
- Added bonus of trainees meeting up and working together
- Practical experience in surgical exposures that i would
otherwide only get to do infrequently / never. Lots of time
alloted to go through all of the required exposures.
- Further development of practical / communication skills
- Direct exposure to anatomy - improved knowledge of approaches /
- Excellent course with excellent teaching!
- Very useful for me as an Orthopaedic Surgeon to understand,
consolidate + pre course reading / examination approaches never had
before in working environment
|29||30||31|| || || || |
ROYAL COLLEGE OF ENGLAND ACCREDITATION
The Newcastle Surgical Training Centre - has become the first centre in Engla...
NSTC & HEALTH EDUCATION NORTH EAST SURGICAL SKILLS TRAINING PROGRAMME (SSTP)
Following the success of the Health Education North East SSTP Pilot in Genera...
Robotic Training in the UK
DAVINCI ROBOTIC TRAINING
Shaping The Future Of Surgery - Further Extension & Expansion of NSTC Facilities
Training the Trainer: Developing Teaching Skills Course
Date: March 15 2018
AO Shoulder and Elbow Trauma Course
Date: March 19 2018
Date: March 22 2018
The 2nd UK COLORECTAL ROBOTIC SURGERY CONFERENCE AND CADAVERIC
Date: March 26 2018
The 2nd HPB Robotic /Minimally Invasive Surgery Conference and Hands on Cadaveric Dissection Course
Date: March 28 2018
R C P Practical Skills Course
Date: April 18 2018