Orthopaedic Intermediate Skills Training Programme - Session 4 (2017/18)
Date: June 27, 2018
Delivered by: Newcastle Surgical Training Centre (NSTC)
Contact: Mrs Sue Dent
Trainee Comments from previus Orthopaedic Intermediate
- Excellent course allowing me to perform surgical exposures only
previously know to me in theory from books. A great way to
actually learn the anatomy properly - hopefully making me more
competent in day-to-day practice.
- Very useful for my development as a Surgeon to have practical
experience of surgical approaches without risk to patients.
- I have never before in a course had the combination of learning
about surgical exposures and performing dissection.
- Very useful practical sessions - hands on experience of less
- Very useful for my development as a Surgeon to have time to
learn/develop surgical approaches in a safe environment.
- Excellent 1 - 2 ratio teaching
- Course has improved my knowledge of approaches / anatomy
- Enjoyed very much and extremely worthwhile.
- Excellent course - good for revisiting / refreshing anatomy
knowledge. Good practical sessions, have gained confidence in
shoulder approaches especially.
- Very useful to have discussion with Consultants regarding their
approaches to trauma.
- Good organisation. Excellent facilities. Good
- Excellent facility, highly recommended course.
- Added bonus of trainees meeting up and working together
- Practical experience in surgical exposures that i would
otherwide only get to do infrequently / never. Lots of time
alloted to go through all of the required exposures.
- Further development of practical / communication skills
- Direct exposure to anatomy - improved knowledge of approaches /
- Excellent course with excellent teaching!
- Very useful for me as an Orthopaedic Surgeon to understand,
consolidate + pre course reading / examination approaches never had
before in working environment
ROYAL COLLEGE OF ENGLAND ACCREDITATION
The Newcastle Surgical Training Centre - has become the first centre in Engla...
NSTC & HEALTH EDUCATION NORTH EAST SURGICAL SKILLS TRAINING PROGRAMME (SSTP)
Announcement of new SSTP Leads from 2018
ROBOTIC TRAINING IN THE UK
DAVINCI ROBOTIC TRAINING
LEADING CONSULTANT UROLOGIST INVITED TO BUCKINGHAM PLACE
Leading Consultant Urologist invited to Buckingham Palace
First North Eastern Cadaveric Hand Fixation Course
Date: July 26 2018
Da Vinci Patient Side Assistant Course
Date: August 17 2018
Robotic Hip and Knee Course 2018
Date: September 04 2018
ORAL ANATOMY AND SURGICAL IMPLANT COURSE
Date: September 07 2018
European Abdominal Wall Repair MasterClass From Simple to Complex
Date: September 10 2018
BioSkills Course Primary & Revision Hip Arthroplasty
Date: September 12 2018