Orthopaedic Intermediate Skills Training Programme - Session 4 (2018/19)
Date: June 26, 2019
Delivered by: Newcastle Surgical Training Centre (NSTC)
Contact: Mrs Sue Dent
Trainee Comments from previous Orthopaedic Intermediate
- Excellent course allowing me to perform surgical exposures only
previously know to me in theory from books. A great way to
actually learn the anatomy properly - hopefully making me more
competent in day-to-day practice.
- Very useful for my development as a Surgeon to have practical
experience of surgical approaches without risk to patients.
- I have never before in a course had the combination of learning
about surgical exposures and performing dissection.
- Very useful practical sessions - hands on experience of less
- Very useful for my development as a Surgeon to have time to
learn/develop surgical approaches in a safe environment.
- Excellent 1 - 2 ratio teaching
- Course has improved my knowledge of approaches / anatomy
- Enjoyed very much and extremely worthwhile.
- Excellent course - good for revisiting / refreshing anatomy
knowledge. Good practical sessions, have gained confidence in
shoulder approaches especially.
- Very useful to have discussion with Consultants regarding their
approaches to trauma.
- Good organisation. Excellent facilities. Good
- Excellent facility, highly recommended course.
- Added bonus of trainees meeting up and working together
- Practical experience in surgical exposures that i would
otherwide only get to do infrequently / never. Lots of time
alloted to go through all of the required exposures.
- Further development of practical / communication skills
- Direct exposure to anatomy - improved knowledge of approaches /
- Excellent course with excellent teaching!
- Very useful for me as an Orthopaedic Surgeon to understand,
consolidate + pre course reading / examination approaches never had
before in working environment
ROYAL COLLEGE OF ENGLAND ACCREDITATION
The Newcastle Surgical Training Centre - has become the first centre in Engla...
NSTC & HEALTH EDUCATION NORTH EAST SURGICAL SKILLS TRAINING PROGRAMME (SSTP)
Announcement of new SuppoRTT Programme & changes in SSTP Leads
ROBOTIC SURGICAL TRAINING IN UK
Newcastle increases robotic training to six specialties
BIARGS Conference 2019 - Newcastle
1st Newcastle Conference on behalf of the British & Irish Association of Robo...
Osso VR Technology
Newcastle Surgical Training Centre adopts Osso VR Technology
Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\EventPanel.xslt